Jun 23, 2008

A Demo in the Making

When the power of creation is in your hand...

game,rpg,rpg maker,rpg maker xp

Took a little break from playing games; I've been busy playing with RPG Maker XP. Not the latest version, VX, but XP has been around, so there's plenty of resource for it ^^. I still haven't finish playing Blue Dragon, eversince the King Poo pawned me the other day.

Demmit! How can a poo be so strong?!?! This just shows the importance of healthy diet!

*AHEM!* So anyway, let's talk a bit about RPG Maker XP. Its a program that allows people like me and you to develop RPGs, since its very easy to use and is also flexible. The built-in tools and resource(character sprite, animations, tileset etc) are enough for beginners to use, but if you yearn for more, just scourge around the net for extra resources. You can create events to make... well, events of course. This how you make stuff like advancing the story, meeting NPCs, getting treasure chest and many more.

game,rpg maker,rpg,rpg maker xp

game,rpg,rpg maker,rpg maker xp

Also, if you feeling a bit adventurous, you can always go ahead and totally mess around with the scripts and codes of the game; You can create a totally different game with it! You can create a new battle system, custom menu and many others. You can either go and grab scripts made by other RPG Maker user, or, heck, make your own one! XD

rpg maker xp

Heheh, I'm having fun playing around with it. I'm not seriously trying to make a game though; I'm just looking for an outlet(read: excuse) not to do my Final Year project, which is very important but also very troublesome. That's why my game is titled DemoXP. I haven't though about the story, just putting down anything that comes to mind.

I'm currently searching through many scripts archive for interesting scripts to be implemented before I continue to create DemoXp world. Why dodn't I just make my own? Think about the time! The work and effort! The sweat and tears! I should spend all those on my FYP, not DemoXP!

Well, I'll continue playing with this during my free time. On another note, I have been looking with an interest to online gaming, again. After leaving Ragnarok Online a long time aga after it wen tPay2Play, I found a few of my friends are currently playing those MMOs. I'm feeling a bit nostalgic, and wanna play those games, even if its Pay2Play.

Problem is I'm gonna go back to college in July, where I could never log in and play. Hopefully, I'll have time to play when I graduate.

What about work? Well, thats another story.

For the time, being, I'm gonna go and make a story inside the game. For those with free time and has dark secret to dominate the world, please, go and try out RPG Maker. It's really fun! XD

If only I could put more effort in learning the scripting language used in here...

Powered by ScribeFire.


2 comments:

azrith001 said...

Y you no give me credit? I am azrith001 I made that BS(Battle System)

Reiki said...

Opps, sorry about that. I am not using that BS though; I found the image on a forum and just put it up as an of example of what RPG Maker can do ^^

Post a Comment

Leave your marks here.