Oct 27, 2007

Burn Baby Burn!

This means war!

Making Lemang

Get your weapons ready! Load up your guns, rocket launchers and cannons with ammunition! Its going to be a long day ahead! Don't give in to the heat, because today, we'll dine in hell!!!

This is sparta~~!!!

Oh yeah, I've been busy visiting relatives this Aidilfitri week, what with stuffing my mouth with cookies, rendang, lemang and lots of other food as much as I can. My mom has receive divine knowledge to make 15 lemang at the back of the house. Yours truly was roped in to help see through the smoky adventure.

The bamboo needs to be burned in an open area. With my mom's latest creation, the small cement hut behind the house, our family has become notorious for spreading mouth-watering inducing smokes(when my mom cooks-la). I wonder if the neighbors will complain about it. Oh wait, did they notice it?

I'm grateful that (married)big bro came a bit to help me, albeit just a while. Then left me to take refuge from the rain under the pondok terbakar. Dad also appeared, for awhile. The he went to sleep. Yes, I have nickname the small cement hut we used to do open burning and pollution as 'pondok terbakar'.

Mommy, help me~

Other than lemang, there was also rendang, but that was easier, since all I need is stir the meat so it won't get burned, whereas the lemang requires me to roll them with my hands to make sure they don't turn black, then knocking the bamboo to compact the rice inside the bamboo. Not to mention trying to control the fire was pretty damn hard; I actually smelled burned!

+50pts in cooking!

More pictures at Flickr

Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

៚LunaTic_TeeniE said...

U seemed to enjoy Raya a lot huh?? Where are my cookies anyway??

ex-roommate macik reiki said...

macik reiki =)
wahh..cam besh je lemang tu..huhu
rindu kek mak ko ar..

Reiki said...

@seila: hehe, if u want some kuih raya, u gotta come to my house 1st what~

@makcik ex: adei, panjangnyer namer ko. Ko pun samer, kalo nak merasa, meh lah dtang rumahku! XDXD

Post a Comment

Leave your marks here.