Jul 14, 2006

Moore's Law vs My Pocket Money

Bad news, my mom won't let me go to the Bon Odori festival. *cries* ToT Out of all the days I was free, she pick tomorrow as the day to go out and buy new cloths for the coming Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Nuuuuuuuuuu... *coughcough* Ah, enough of the angst, let's focus on something else.

Intel Core 2. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Intel Core 2.

When will it stop? Moore's Law state that the transistor density of semiconductor would double roughly every 18 months. Technology makes it possible for human to pack all sorts of functions into small packaging. It'll get smaller and smaller in size, while increasing power and functionality. It also mean people like me won't be able to afford to catch up with the latest technology any time soon =P

I'm drooling and angsting over Conroe(or Core 2). I'm afraid that my goal of upgrading my pc before New Year won't happen. The E6300 (1.8 GHz) Conroe is expected to price around US$183. This doesn't include the motherboard =__= Other upgrades include a new casing (current is a very old model), a new PSU (current PowerSuplyUnit came with the casing) and a new graphic card (using a 6200TC here). Hopefully the mobo will accept my current memory and hardisk ^w^

Philips SHP805. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Philips SHP805.

On another side note, I mention that I wanted a headphone. Well, since it cost like RM190, I think I'll take the little brother instead, which is the Philips SHP805, RM100 less than the SHP895. I'm no audiophile, I just like the design. I'll look silly wearing this outside. And I won't be plug-in the thing into my pc, since the headphone jack is at the rear side =__= Only option is to use it with my Sony (^o^).

I need to make up my mind before this Sunday whether I should buy it or not. It looks so tempting, but I already blown my wallet once, when I went shopping with my mom. Goodness, I am never ever buying more than 2 pieces or cloths >.< That was darn expensive!

powered by performancing firefox

1 comments:

used road bikes said...

This is an excellent blog. Keep it going.You are providing
a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my used road bikes site.
Have a great week!

Post a Comment

Leave your marks here.